Advertisment

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Mark Salling





Date of Birth
17 August 1982, Dallas, Texas, USA

Birth Name
Mark Wayne Salling

Height
6' (1.83 m)

Mini Biography
Mark Wayne Salling Salling was born in Dallas, Texas. He is the younger of two children of Condy Sue (née Wherry), a school secretary, and John Robert Salling, Jr., an accountant. He was home-schooled at an early age. Salling was raised in a "strict Christian home" and attended Providence Christian School and Our Redeemer Lutheran during elementary school. He attended, but did not graduate from Culver Military Academy, and later graduated from Lake Highlands High School in 2001. While he attended high school, he was a member of the school wrestling team. Performing was also an integral part of his teenage years; he often performed in bars despite being underage and participated in school talent shows. After graduating from high school, he attended the Los Angeles Music Academy College of Music in Pasadena, California and began studying guitar, giving guitar lessons to make a living. Mark owns a dog named Noah, which he named after his character on Glee.

Trivia
He has an active love of birds and wildlife and volunteers with the James Hunter Wildlife Rescue charity.
Can play the guitar, piano, bass, and drums.
It took him 8 years to write the songs for his album Pipe Dreams.
Dianna Agron's nickname for him is 'Ookie'.
He has a dog named Hank.
Has a dog named Noah Saw Salling and Lea Michele helped him pick out that name.
Top 40/70 in Sexiest & Hottest Men in 2011.
Good friends with Rob Kardashian (Kim Kardashian's brother). They usually hang out together or play golf.
Good friends of Dianna Agron, Lea Michele, Cory Monteith and Chord Overstreet.
He has played piano since age 5, and he can also play drums, guitar, and bass.

Personal Quotes
[on his most memorable moment filming Glee] I can think of two moments. One moment would be shooting a scene with Kristen Chenowith where she is singing. I was sitting right in front of her and she was just belting it out. She can let loose like no other! She's singing a song and it was pretty much directly to me. I was sitting right in front of her and she was singing it to the group of people I was in. It was one of those moments where I thought, "Wow! How did I end up here?" She is so beautiful and talented.
[on his hairstyle for Glee] I had knee surgery about four months before the audition, and I cut my hair in a mohawk. I don't know why, but I did. So I decided to do it again for this audition because of this part; maybe it would make me stand out from the rest of the guys. Lo and behold, it worked out. And now I'm stuck with it.
I've been playing piano since I was 5, and started writing when I was 6 or 7. It was never a revelation I had, it was just what I did. Playing music was always a part of my life, I don't know anything else.
You don't really have time to watch TV if you work on TV.

0 comments:

Post a Comment